Re: [MV] M35 TROOP SEAT KIT

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 15:47:43 PST

    Any metal fabricator types out there? I have the TB
9-2320-209-30-4(dated 3 March 1966, before they made it an NSN Kit) to make
the center troop seat kit and can send it out in PDF format (less than 1meg)
if anyone is interested. Contact me if you want it or you can wander the ETM
site for s**ts and grins.
    It looks to me that the only parts that need special fab is the Pocket
Assemblies. Check out item 4, Figure 325 in the 361-34P manual series. The
set up is the costly item, but once done, making 15 or twenty kits should be
relatively cheap(?) since it looks like you could whip out quite few in a
short time (hours) because it is all repetitive steps (band saw, drill,
bends, clamp, weld). Painting and special packaging aren't needed, just
fabrication.
    But then, what do I know. It took me 2 1/2 months to do a botched brake
job.
    Gotta go know...62 degrees and Sun at 1045 AM on Nov 25th in NE
Massachusetts is too good to pass up. Taking the Deuce for a ride,
windshield down and goggles on!!! ( Hope the brakes still work.....)

Ronzo