Chat server for MilVeh mailing list participants up and operational!

From: Orintz (orintz@hal3000.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 23:29:49 PST

Hi,
I have set up an chat server for participants in this mailing list.
The easiest way to connect would be to go to :
http://hal3000.cx/~chris/mv.html
From there click on the chat link and a new window will open , a Java IRC
chat Applet
will , after you pick a nick name, automatically connect you and join you to
the channel #milveh.
For those of you who run IRC clients you will notice that it has very few
features, which makes it simpler and also keeps people from making a ton of
channels and trying to take ops etc etc ...all the annoying things in IRC.
If you can't or wont run the Java IRC client and need to connect via some
other IRC client email me off list and I will give you the correct address
for my IRC server.
The server is not an efnet , dalnet or any type of large server, it is not
linked to any larger servers either.I think I have it set at 150 max users,
and on a 56k line that should be about the max I would want.The concept was
keep it small and just for one or two interest groups.
Thanks and please let me know if you have any problems.
Orintz