[MV]Virus

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 20:40:35 PST

> I can't see why all the fuss. Why denigrate Outlook Express and
Explorer,
> sure we all like to take a pop at MS, but

Richard, we 'denigrate' Microsoft because they intentionally left all of
the security breaches which the virus writters use IN PLACE. It is just
like leaving your keys in the ignition while going into the movie
theatre to watch a movie. Do you expect to find your car there when you
return? Time after time? Until the end of time?

The pundits are correct, at least with respect to US law. If any other
industry had created a product so filled with obvious flaws they would
likely be out of business by now. Thus the efforts by Microsoft et al to
enact UCITA and similar statues, which basically say the software author
can not be held liable for ANYTHING they do or do not do.

I"m sorry. This is not something to sidetrack this list with.

YO MODORATOR! Could you point those of us with something to dicsuss
which is not related directecly to Linux to another list? Perhaps create
a sub list here where an off topic thread can be stamped and beaten into
the dirt, while keeping the focus of this list on Linux and those of us
who can barely spell it?

Many thanks

            Paul