Re: [MV] Off topic virus warnings...

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 07:46:59 PST

  I second Geoff's comments. For the most part, 90 some
odd percent of us are adults, behave as such and only
get disjointed when some twit with overly lefty attitudes
spews some garbage..

On the other hand, I do believe its important to help our
fellow community members when this virus crap arises.
Its not the same as if we were trading aunt Martha's pie
recipe. Too many of us are not super computer users that
have got the N'th degree of computer savvy and the best
and latest anti-virus package installed..

The former versions that caught you as you opened the
attachment were bad enough, but this new version that
auto executes upon opening the e-mail is a real danger.
a non-educated person is a dangerous thing. When this
stuff hits it is an attack on all of us. It serves our
own best interests to keep each other educated on how
to combat these problems before they spread within our
community and cause untold amounts of us more grief than
any of us need or want..

OK I'll stop playing Ronzo and get off the soapbox now ...

                              Bob B