More shenanigans at IMPS?

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 02:02:36 PST

Mike

> 3. Some IMPS members think that Beltring is too large and impersonal and
> think it should be run on smaller lines as a conventional club rally.

Huh? There are plenty of smaller events that fit that description
already. They want to kill off the biggest and best event in our hobby?
Jealousy?

Perhaps the lack of sufficient and clean dunnies caused the "too big"
complaint in the past, though I believe this year's event passed without
gripes about the dunnies. Surely, that continual bugbear has not been
fixed once and for all?

>From what I have heard, one of the major gripes is the cost of
admission, particularly so for those who contribute to the event by
bringing a vehicle or display, but feel they aren't appreciated and
are treated as just more punters coming in the front gate?

> 6. The IMPS have much less money, very much less know how and no right to
> the land. They have already lost money promoting club shows at other
> venues.

Don't you just love clubs? Those with the least ability and financial
sense sometimes have the most to say and want to stir the world. Clubs
always seem to involve infighting, cliques and elitism.

> Bet the farm that there will be a show at Beltring next Summer, Rex will be
> running it and it will be just about as big as always. Keep the slot free
> in your calendar.

I am glad to hear it. No Beltring would indeed be a major loss to the
HMV world.

If you don't want it, you could shift it to my side of the world?
I could afford to go every year that way.

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  /\_ [o] [o] _/\ Broken Hill __/=_|____|_=\__
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@ruralnet.net.au