Government Liquidation Company.

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 08:41:13 PST

    Yesterday I found myself having to travel to Birmingham Alabama on
business and a friend of mine had bid via internet on a piece of
equipment that was located in Cullman and had asked me to stop and
examine it if I found myself in that area.
    So I called the number listed on the bidding page and got directions
and found the location. The fellow I talked to said that there would be
some armed military guards at the gate just to tell them my business and
they would come fetch me and show me the stuff.

    That ain't the way they did it.

    I recognized the equipment from the internet pictures and went up to
the guard shack and stated my business. I was immediately told to pull
inside the barricade and was held there for about 15 minutes under guard
and then informed I needed to go around to the side entrance for a "tool
sale" and the guard would be informed I was on my way. So I did this.
    When I got around there he was informed- he told me there was
nothing like this going on here and I needed to leave immediately.
   If these folks are trying to make money at this they must be trying a
new method but I don't think running off perspective customers will
work.