Re: [MV] generator's

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 11:04:14 PST

--- jimextwi <jimextwi@gisco.net> wrote:
> I need a small generator for my personal use . I do
> live up here in the
> north country St lawrence county NY , and have
> found that they want way to
> much for the small units .
>
> Jim Martin
++++++++
Wow!!

You sure DO need a generator!

I bought one at the old Griffiss AFB when they had
auctions there. Keep an eye on the Ft. Drum surplus
on the DRMS website they come out of there on
occasion.

I graduated from the NYS Ranger School, that's off
Rte. 3. They said it got down to -50 degrees that
last year I was there...? Was it really that cold?

You should probably get one with a gasoline engine if
you need to start it quickly in the extreme cold,
otherwise plan on one with a block heater. But if the
power goes off so will the block heater.

Joe