M151 fording valve

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 10:54:06 PST

b wrote:

>I just replaced the fording valve on my M151A2, the old one was stuck....
>
>......After replacing the valve and putting everything back the way I found
>it, except for stuck nature of valve, I started the jeep and when I
>step on the gas there is a really back case of stutter and
>acceleration lag. This exist no matter what position the new valve
>is in. Idle seems smooth enough, but when gas is applied that is
>when the trouble begins..........

     Check the position of the fording valve in the gas tank filler cap. It
should be open to vent for standard operation of the vehicle. If it is in
the closed position a vacuum will be created in the tank.

  Check the location of the vent lines in the fording valve and make sure
they are in the proper inlet.

   Jim

   NOTE NEW ADDRESS----NOTE NEW ADDRESS---NOTE NEW ADDRESS------AS OF
JANUARY 4, 2001---------