Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case Fluid

From: ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 14:08:25 PST

Besides this advice, I have made myself containers that when lightly pressurized, force the fluid thru a dip tube. This allows me to run a
hose into a filler hole, attach the hose to the dip tube, gently pressurize the container and watch the fluid go up the tubine. When it
starts to drip out, I rapidly release the pressure. Note that I wrote "gently pressurize", 2-5 psi is all it takes. Too much pressure
could rupture my container, which at least would leave a mess of gear oil.

I made my container from some std metal gal cans and brazed 2 pieces of copper tubing into the top. One is the dip tube that goes all the
way to the bottom. The other only enters the top and I use it to pressurize the can. I use the normal fill spout to refill as needed. I
use a pressure regulator attached to a short length of air hose which allows me to add the pressure at the can.
TED