Blazer fuel pump

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:08:03 PST

Hi all!
I put electric fuel pump in my 1009 that starts running when I turn key to
first position for glow plugs. When this starts pumping, is the fuel
bypassing the injector pump through the bypass hose back to the tank, or is
it pumping excess diesel through injectors? I ask because even after
holding glow plugs on for 10-12 seconds, I have manual button, the truck is
a little hard starting. Takes 2 tries while holding glow plugs switch on.
It starts with a big puff of white smoke. Temp outside when this is
happening, 35 degrees.

Stu Ellis
Seatrade International
#603-437-1392