Re: [MV] Military Radios?

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 21:35:22 PST

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> What do folks generally do with their military
> radios that they have working?

Umm...I use them to talk to others...:-) (Others with
ham radio licenses, that is...)

> Is it a bad idea to use them for real in
> events when talking to other folks in parades or
> convoys in events?

I wouldn't try that without a license...and even with
a license, only on the correct frequencies...the
signal is a little too wide to be legal, so you'd have
to do something about that. A resistor inside the
H-250 generally does the trick.

The good news is they're basically giving the licenses
away now so there's little to no effort involved to
get one.

> Is it a bad idea to use them at all?

See above...:-)

T. Bloxom, AG5U
1985 M1009 CUCV w/VRC-64 and R-442
PRC-74 (A and B models), GRC-165 (Harris RF-301),
PRC-68, PRT-4/PRR-9, etc...:-)