starting problem with my mil car

From: jimextwi (jimextwi@gisco.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 10:16:59 PST

Hello All ,

a new problem has croped up on the car and I need some help figuring it out
.

1983 ford ltd intermediate ( former staff car ) 6 cyl 1 bbl carb .

When it is cold and wet outside the car will not start at all . Even
jumpstarting it doesn't work . When it does start it seems to be catching
when I release the key . As this car is a daily driver for me I do need it
to start .

I did replace all the plugs and none of them was burnt in anyway and all
looked within normal ranges .

I do have a new cap and rotar button to put on it also as well as installing
a heater on the bottom hose .

thanks for the ideas and the help !

Jim