Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case Fluid

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 11:01:06 PST

At 7:02 AM -0800 1/18/00, King wrote:

>What works even better than your better:) is an out of date 5 gallon/20
>liter propane bottle.Replace the blow off valve with a compressor fitting so
>you can pump air into the bottle.the bottles are usually rated for about
>350psi but I use only about 90psi from my compressor.Make sure the main
>valve can be removed easily for filling with oil.pour it in with a
>funnel.the main valve assembly should have a pipe that goes down near the
>bottom for pickup.Put a fitting and flexable oil compatible hose at the end
>of the valve assembly.When you put air pressure into the tank the oil goes
>up the pipe and into what ever you put the hose into.the valve controls the
>flow.No pumping.sealed and easy to carry around.
>Andre

As someone who is about to take possession of a ferret, I have to say
that this sounds like a grand way to carry the 90 weight gear oil
used in the hubs and in the bevel boxes. I'm concerned about the
chance of explosion though and the fact that those tanks aren't made
to be pressurized and de pressurized repeatedly.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -