Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case Fluid

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 07:34:40 PST

>As someone who is about to take possession of a ferret, I have to say
>that this sounds like a grand way to carry the 90 weight gear oil
>used in the hubs and in the bevel boxes. I'm concerned about the
>chance of explosion though and the fact that those tanks aren't made
>to be pressurized and de pressurized repeatedly.
>
>--
>--
>- Ryan Montieth Gill '01 Honda Insight -
>- rmgill@mindspring.com '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
>- ryan.gill@turner.com '72 Honda CB750 -
>- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
>-

Actually the tanks do pressurize and depressurize.They never fill them past
the 80% mark to allow for expansion/pressure.How much this amounts to in psi
I don't know.I had a valve pop on me once because of the heat in the area.I
think they are tested to about 350psi so 100 or less psi shouldn't be much
of a problem.I first saw this being used by a heavy duty mechanic shop about
15 years ago and they are still using the same bottles today.I have one on
the go but only for less than a years use.
I guess someone who is in the propane bottle industry would be able to tell
better the saftey aspect of this.
Andre