Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: [MV] Deuce Transmission / Transfer case

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 07:40:02 PST

>Seriously, though, I wouldn't use an old propane tank if I were you.
>Honestly, I wouldn't do it at all, but if you HAVE to, at least buy a
>REAL portable air tank and use it. Those are rated to be filled and
>refilled multiple times, whereas the disposable propane tank is just
>asking for a way to make the 6 'o clock news- or worse yet, the Darwin
>Awards! Be careful.
>
>Jay Travis

You actually don't need that much pressure to get the oil to flow.Yes at
90psi it could rip real good if it did and I have seen a bottle blow at
125psi(compressor tank).But 10 or 20psi?My brake bleeder uses that much and
it is thinner in metal.I use 90 psi because that's where my compressor cuts
out and I know 10 or 20psi could do the job most of the time.I have even
seen guys using the old freon bottles for the same thing but the propane
ones have more metal.
Andre