Kia 2.5 tonners Re: [MV] Want ad!

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 20:25:45 PST

At 6:31 PM -0500 12/5/01, Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
>What in the hell is going on here! Kia is making deuce and a half trucks?
>Who authorized this? The first person that calls my deuce a Kia gets one
>between the eyes. You know what, heck with that! Anybody want to buy a
>deuce, I'm buying armor! Thanks Ronzo for busting my bubble!

Welll, considering that many nations build armoured vehicles under
license (or in Japan's case F-15s, P2s and P3s) it stands t reason
that Korea's automotive industry would be building American logistics
vehicles under license for use locally and in the region. I'd not be
surprised if the Kia company cut it's teeth on the military contracts
with purchased tooling and parts, then went to making civilian
vehicles.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                                  SW1025 H -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri        (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -