Re: [MV] Korean M-715 Varients

From: Nelson Dionne (aa1mo@nsradio.org)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 06:37:05 PST

Hello List:

    A good 20 or so years ago, I acquired a sales catalog with
descriptions of various M-715 variants including a 4 door cab model. It
appears that Korea has long been a recipient of Jeep's older tooling in
order to manufacture military Jeep vehicles, likely for sale to 3rd world
countries unable to pay the prices for US built trucks. I was told years ago
that Jeep has built or assembled vehicles in about 40 countries at one time
or another

    Unfortunately, the catalog is buried somewhere in amongst 30 years of
mil-veh stuff, but when it comes out of hiding , the infomation will end
up being published in one of the MV magazines.

Nelson Dionne,
MVCC #411
Salem MA

Collector of military bicycles, hand carts & motorcycles