Re: [MV] Off topic virus warnings...

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 03:46:13 PST

Re: [MV] Off topic virus warnings... (Renaud OLGIATI, Thu Nov 29 19:34:23
2001)

On Thursday 29 November 2001 12:46, Robert Barber wrote:
> I second Geoff's comments. For the most part, 90 some
> odd percent of us are adults, behave as such and only
> get disjointed when some twit with overly lefty attitudes
> spews some garbage..

I find it interesting that whenever someone advocates here on the list
anything even vaguely hazardous, like using CARC paint, a whinch, any
solvent, welding apparatus, compressed air etc. in relation with a MV, we
immediately see a rush of dire warnings about the dangers inherent in the
practice.

OTOH, there are a number of listers who openly advocate using software with
known security problems, and woe betide anyone who dares point out that
Linux, BeOS or MacOS are inherently safer to use and protect you from social
diseases....

Why ?

Ron.

--
            Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are,
                   and doing things as they ought to be done.