Re: [MV] M275-M35

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 16:27:38 PST

In a message dated 12/8/01 11:23:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
uniquemachine@air1.net writes:

<< Can an M275 tractor be changed into an M35 cargo truck? Or
 are there differences in frame length? I have seen
 different pictures of M275's but there were variations
 between pictures (fuel tank location, Etc.) Any ideas? >>

The short answer is no, the long answer follows...

The G-742 trucks come in three wheelbases. I will use the military terms.
Long (which is what we consider normal, like M35) 154 inch.
Extra long (which is what we consider long, like M36) 190 inch.
Short (which is what we consider short) 142 inch.

While the M275 has the same short wheelbase as SOME of the dump trucks, even
then the frames are different (and thus of course, is the chassis, which has
numerous other differences as well).
In fact, even the frame RAILS are different between the various short
wheelbase trucks.
To add confusion to all this there also was the M48 tractor, which has the
same long wheelbase as the M35.
BTW, prior to field modification, all M275's should be virtually identical
with a single fuel tank on the drivers side.
Hope this helps,
David