Re: [MV] NHC250 vs. ENDT673

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 06:08:11 PST

Bruce,
I dont know how it would do compared to the cummings, but this is what I do
know. I know after talking to many Vietnam Veterans who drove trucks in
transportation units. That the Mack, (though troubblesome mechanically)
they were the prefered truck for the Line Haul in the Centeral Highlands.
There were 2 steep passes on OL19, one at An Khe and another at Miang Yang.
The Mack drivers climbing the hill would hit there rpm and stay there. Often
comming up on slower climbing truck(mainly the Multi-fuel). For the Mack
driver, he was not going to back off, so the friendly push up the hill was
given(even though risking being spotted by his friendly CO) I envy
you on your A1, that is still my elussive truck to have, but for now I will
settle on my A2.
Jeff