CUCV Third Generation Article in USA TODAY

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:00:37 PST

A nice large newspaper article on the third generation CUCV's in "USA
TODAY". Either 27 or 28 NOV 01. Of course, it errs with small comments
such as: "Needing to replace an aging fleet of jeeps in the early 80's, the
Army bought run of the mill pickups from GM and Ford and sent them to
military hot zones in Southeast Asia and Central America. The trucks,
designed for street and ranch use, didn't hold up." Well, I cannot agree
with that! (Why wouldn't they??) Did Ford sell Uncle Sam any CUCV's??
I've never seen any. Good article though and interesting to read. Julian
Burke