New MV website?

From: Bill George (primemover@2xtreme.net)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:42:43 PST

Dear listmembers, I've been a member of this list for the past several years
now. This list has been great and one heck of an asset to our hobby, but it
just doesn't seem to flow as well as it once did, and our list-master Arthur
seems to have disappeared? I've been thinking for a long time now that
something needs to be done to end all of the flaming and general BS. I've
been thinking of starting a new website with a POP Forum. For a good example
of an active POP Forum check www.diesel-central.com .
This forum could be seperated into different sections, say WWII, Korea,
Vietnam, etc, then have subsections under each main section such as
Trailers, 1/2 ton & below, 1/2 ton and above, 1 1/2 ton and above, armor,
aircraft, and radio/electronic equipment.
There could also be a section on the discussion of guns and mounts, events
and rallies, news(this is where all the virus warnings and posts such as the
demil bill would go), paint and restoration ideas, site info questions and
suggestion, as well as a classified section. This would eliminate a whole
lot of flames since you would read only what you want to read. There has
often been talk of separating the list into M-series and WWII, this would
essentially do that but you would have access to read the posts you want.
This would also help put an end to viruses being transferred. Any posts that
do not belong in a certain section can simply be locked and moved to the
proper section by moderators, or if any post go against the rules of the
site moderators can simply delete them. If this idea becomes a reality I
will be looking for some moderators. The site will be totally non profit so
moderators would not be paid but do it out of love for the hobby. I know I
didn't cover everything here, if any one has any suggestions for different
sections to be added(like maybe some for foreign vehicles, I didn't list any
because I really know very little about non-US vehicles but I know there is
a lot of interest in them), any questions or suggestions or just any
comments or if there's even any interest in this please e-mail me. If enough
interest is shown I'll look into this a bit further. The site will be free
to members, financed by small banner ads (the same size as the ones on
www.diesel-central.com ) no pop ups. Thanks.
Bill

Hear The Diesel, See The Diesel, Smell The Diesel...Be One With The Diesel.