Re: [MV] M35 Tires

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 04:36:08 PST

.> area, and it doesn't take the same level of tragedy to be news, but every
> couple years around someone becomes newsworthy by either being killed or
> badly hurt working on split ring rims without a safety cage.

David is exactly correct in this and I have been there when these things
happen. Father of a friend of mine lost part of his face when a small
tractor tire with 12PSI came off wheel as he had finished inflation and was
picking it up off ground --by the way not even a split rim- It went on top
of two story building next to station and took his left cheek with it.

I called on a tire repair shop just after a split wheel came apart inside
safety cage -- constructed of 2 inch double strength pipe bent into "U"
shape and about 10 of these welded to 1/2" steel plate. When tire and wheel
came apart it destroyed cage - the have reg on air line to stop at 90
pounds.

I have know guys that have lost arms and heads to these things -- If I
cannot get mine repaired by someone else it will just be flat forever