Re: [MV] FCC no code info

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 12:03:03 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Hay" <Nigel@milweb.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] FCC no code info

> And on this very day the 100th aniversary that G Marconi Esq made his
> first transatlantic morse code transmission!
> Nige

Allegedly.

There is a hot and valid debate that the "S" as "..." would be noticeable
amongst the noise by calculating the received signal strength, do remember his
receiver was little more than some broad-band RF tuning, a (very poor) diode and
headphones, no nice 1Khz morse tone was sent, just on/off RF carrier causing a
momentary reduction in noise level.

The calculations account for the lack of MV ignition and domestic electrical
interference.

Richard
Southampton - England
G3ZOE