Re: 170 some[MV in a world WarII Museum in abrbun ind.

From: Colin Macgregor Stevens (cmstevens@telus.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 23:17:29 PST

Thanks for the unintentional reminder Ken! Another MV on display at the
Canadian War Museum (CWM) is one of Hitler's staff cars - yes they have
proven that it was one of his.

A few years ago the CWM talked about selling it, but there was a public
outcry and they backed off.

That one had be found/captured by US troops and was later bought by a
Canadian and donated. Story is in a back issue of Wheels & Tracks magazine.
The Yanks tested the bullet proof glass - as soldiers like to do.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
cmstevens@telus.net
or (as second choice)
seaforth72@hotmail.com

LOST MESSAGES: Due to technical problems, many messages have been lost by
colin@pacdat.net address. My apologies for any inconveniences this may have
caused. Several hundred messages were lost at various times in the Fall of
2001.
MVPA #954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm