12 pin trailer connection cable needed

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 09:44:04 PST

Hi all,

I just got my 1953 M101CDN (Canadian contract M101) 3/4 ton trailer the
other day and, as expected, the electricals aren't going to work as is
with my towing vehicle (710M Pinzgauer). The trailer has what I guess is
a standard NATO 12 pin plug, while my Pinzgauer has some oddball thing
with something like 7 pins.

What I need is a 12 pin cable to butcher up with something that will fit
the Pinzgauer. I am totally clueless regarding cables like this, so can
anybody tell me what I should be looking for and where to get it? If
there was some sort of male/female extension cable that would be the
optimal solution. Just snip the cable, take the female end 12 pin and
combine it with a male 7 pin cable... bingo :-)

Any help that can be offered would be fantastic.

Steve

P.S. The M101 works FANTASTIC with the Pinzgauer.