Re: [MV] MVs in Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, ON

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 00:22:23 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Macgregor Stevens" <seaforth72@hotmail.com>
<Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] MVs in Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, ON

> Yes Richard, we do need a Windsor (one of the 5,000) repatriated to Canada.
> I do not think a single one is in Canada. All of them went to the UK I
> believe.

It seems a great pity that Canada does not have one of these anywhere, I almost
bought one a few weeks ago; less engine and gearbox but complete and painted
yearly being a playground toy with the floor plated over, about 1/10 the cost of
a complete example and not difficult to restore, especially with a co-owner
having a DTB F15 (Polsten) and heaps of spare parts. It wasn't to be though.

Richard
Southampton - England