Re: [MV] M38A1 Brakes

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 14:56:19 PST

Hi Aaron...

Good to see you on the MV list!

>There are three flat head screws in this drum between the wheel
>bolts, are these what is holding on the brake drum? They
>are rusted tight in there, and I'm going to strip them out if I try to
>remove 'em with any more force.

I have an impact driver if you need to borrow it. You put the
screwdriver bit on the end and hammer it straight into the screw to
loosen it. You might need to get a bit for it (3/8" socket drive with
a screwdriver blade as big as possible to fit into your screws).

You can borrow it on Jan 11th when we get together for our BO6
meeting, or anytime you'd like.

Good luck!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net