Re: [MV] IDF Patrol "jeep" - Israeli Storm / "Sufa" ?? was: Test (AOL)

From: Rick (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 20:16:59 PST

Justin,

You and I share a common interest, the products of Israeli Automotive Industries.
I am a fan of thier earlier product the M325 CommandCar which was based on the
WM300 Power Wagon. I have a couple of photos online I saved off of the Israeli
Information Office Website. There is a picture of a Storm alongside the M325
amongst them.

The pics are at http://users.snip.net/~lathrrs/CommandCar.htm and
http://users.snip.net/~lathrrs/CommandCar1.htm.

While I was off awhile I go I called Israeli Auto and managed to get a copy of
the manuals for the M325 Commandcar. I also am interested in importing parts for
the CommandCar into the US. Remember that since these are post 1968 vehicles they
are subject to strict import laws. Best bet would be to import the parts and
assemble them on a suitable CJ8 Scrambler chassis.

Perhaps some off our allies on the otherside of the pond can point us to suitable
organizations for obtaining these. A search of the web reveals no Israeli surplus
dealers

Hope this helps.
Rick

mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>