HMMWV's for sale - more info

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 09:41:31 PST

I'm getting more interesteed, so I called the guy at the dealership and he said all vehicles will be running when you pick them up. They will add fluids and battery, no DOA's, he assured me of that.

Shipping runs about .75 a mile.

Softop is new with doors and is $1500 installed.

They will title them in Texas. Form 97 goes to Texas DMV. From there you get a road title. Just not DOT certified, so this doesn't seem to be a problem. (famous last words)

Here is what I came up with for me as an example for total costs:

Base price: $15,000
Top/doors: 1,500 (sold at dealers)
Shipping: 1,750 (almost 2000 miles)
Tax in CA: 1,237
DMV CA: 300
Smog CA: 35

Total price: $19,822

*All original, low mileage-chances are it will be under 30k, but I forgot,still no seat cushions! So maybe... $250-300 or so for cushions? Any way you are looking right at $20k for a HMMWV licensed and running. Supposedly in good shape. Doesn't seem like a bad deal if you got an extra 20k laying around for a toy.

Note: They have an ad inside the cover of the MVPA mag coming out this month.

What do you think? Is this a pretty good deal? Any comments will be appreciated.