Re: [MV] Mules in Snow

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 04:44:23 PST

> That is fun, I did the same thing and spent several hours pinned under one
> with the full weight of the mule on my chest and the steering wheel
cutting
> off the circulation to my foot. After being freed by the neighbor when he
> got home I was rushed to the hospital where I found out that I had broken
my
> back (crushed the T12 vertebrae) spent six months in a body cast then
wasn't
> able to play with my green toys for another year. Way too much fun...
JASON
> DON'T DO THAT!

Snow is not required, but it helps. I rolled mine over 25JUN97. Spent over
40 min. under it, dug my way out, some kids found me and called ambulance.
Luckily for me I was at work, helps with the bills. Crushed my left tibia in
about 6 pieces. Wore a external fixator with pins and wires holding the bone
pieces together. Spent 9 weeks in THE BED! Off work for about 6mo., physical
therapy for 3 mo.(had to learn to walk again).

Although they are lots of fun and handy for lots of things, they are just as
dangerous. My sympathies to anyone who has ever been hurt by our
hobby.Anyone else out there in the "Mule Kick Club"?

Later,
Keith Byrd
Parsons,TN.