Mule Stories

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 17:33:41 PST

Yes, mules are somewhat a dangerous vehicle and must be respected under any
condition. How many remember Aberdeen back in '94 when that poor woman was
thrown off one after running over a tent support? She was thrown off to the
ground and on her way down, her head hit the hitch on a Chevy van-was
pinned there and the mule ran over her! We thought the worst until after
ten minutes she got up and was walking! How fortunate she was but I bet she
was very sore for a couple of weeks! I really don't like to hear about
horseplaying on a mule esp. in the snow. These vehicles weren't designed
for that kind of use. How about that 14 year old kid racing around
Aberdeen on a Mitey Mite? He tried to pull a duece out of the mud after it
had rained the night before! How ignorant! He tried to get a running start
and looked like a pit bull reaching the end of his chain and was bouncing up
and down. I did notice the next day it was smoking pretty bad after all the
abuse it was taking. Let him fix that non-renewable engine! Julian