M35A2 idle problem ???

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:45:50 PST

Hi.

I had the head cylinder gaskets replace because of an oil leak (1987
LDT465-1D). It runs great, but there is something strange now.

I used to be able to open the door, flip the main switch and hit the
starter, and the engine started immediately. Now, unless I step on the
accelerator or pull the "Cruise control" handle, it just wont start, and
when started if I let go of the gas it will stall. If I keep the engine
running (accelerating) for about two minutes it will idle fine when I let go
of the gas.

Anybody has an idea where I should look? The idle adjustment was not played
with in the process.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce