Re: [MV] Thanks!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 16:51:31 PST

Hi Ed...

>Thank you to all who answered my questions about proper markings on my
>M1009. I really appreciate the help.
>
>Now I just need to find out the proper antenna tie down location and I'll be
>in good shape.
>
>Looking at the M1009 that was sent by Jim Newton listed on Ebay it looks
>like the tie down ropes were removed and the brackets were installed
>directly to the vehicle over the doors. Anyone have any other information
>on this? Is it correct and if so how is it done?

On my M1007, I tie the lines to the rain gutter track.

Here are some photos I just went out and took off the instruction
sheet that comes with the antenna mount kit (you can get these on eBay
and probably from other listers here).

I took two photos of the instruction sheet:

  http://www.CUCV.net/cucv_antenna_instructions_01.jpg
  http://www.CUCV.net/cucv_antenna_instructions_02.jpg

and the two types of clips I have:

  http://www.CUCV.net/cucv_antenna_clips.jpg

but I think the clips go on the antenna end of the rope, not at the
body.

What are the two types of clips for?

It appears from the paper instructions (these pictures are zoomed WAY
in...the drawings are tiny on the paper) that the military intended
the tie down lines to attach to some kind of mount that attaches
through a drilled hole in the fender or the side of the "bed" right
behind the door, and the lines cross over to the opposite side
antennas. This is strange...I've NEVER seen a CUCV displayed with the
antennas done this way. I usually see the tie downs going up to the
brushguard or the rain gutters.

Let's figure out the correct tie down method and placement for this!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net