Arctic Top Mirrors

From: Allen Jones (jonesal@u.washington.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 14:34:06 PST

I recently installed a restored arctic top on my M38A1 (original wood doors)
and have come to the conclusion I need some mirrors to safely navigate in
today's traffic. Does anyone have a suggestion for mirrors that would
appear suitable (added by a motor pool) on the artic top doors? I'm
thinking of a modification that would have been done in the 50s to improve
visibility.

Lastly, there are two small swinging arms on the top that engage a
rectangular bracket on the upper part of the doors. I orginally thought
they served as a locking mechanism, but now think they are
secondary/ancillary latches to secure the door tighter. True?

Thanks,
Allen in Seattle
'55 M38A1