Re: [MV] Arctic Top Mirrors

From: Colin Macgregor Stevens (cmstevens@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 16:47:17 PST

On my 1944 Willys MB (ex-Norway came with a winter top. Due to the doors,
they moved the mirror(s) to mid-way on the fenders. I think I have also seen
this done on Canadian Army M151A2 MUTTs.

Part of the problem might be looking through a plastic door window (usually
dirty and scratched) vs. looking through your glass windshield.

Try your M38A1 mirrors in their normal position before you modify your jeep.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
Pitt Meadows, BC
Western Command MVHS

cmstevens@telus.net
or (as second choice)
seaforth72@hotmail.com

LOST MESSAGES: Due to technical problems, many messages have been lost by
colin@pacdat.net address. My apologies for any inconveniences this may have
caused. Several hundred messages were lost at various times in the Fall of
2001.
MVPA #954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm