Re: [MV] m416 trailer tarp question

From: Allen Jones (jonesal@u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 08:47:49 PST

I downloaded the manual off of the etms online web site
(http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/) and printed it out. The number is TM
9-2330-251-14&P. Just use their search option for M416. I'm sure Portrayal
and the other place has them in prepop if you don't want to bother with a
computer.

Another question for you'all. I was going to put M38A1 style wheels on my
M416 so the thing matched a little better (I know, not true to stock). I
noticed that the stock M416 wheels (they're not rusting - I heard they are
magnesium... true?) has about an extra 2" of offset. Is there anything that
can be done to compensate (to get the M38A1 wheels to sit somewhat centered
in the fenders)? Has anyone else done this? Someone suggested chopping the
axle back, but I won't be doing that. I'll keep the stock wheels first.

Allen in Seattle
'55 M38A1 (and a 65ish M416)