Goverment Liquidation......my nightmare

From: A762x54mm@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 22:09:31 PST

Pour youself a cold one......here goes.

Back in Sept, I called the POC for GL's site at Holloman AFB. I was
interested in placing a bid or two on the deuce and a half's they had for
auction. After talking to the POC, I was informed that that the pictures on
the website of the trucks (there were 10 for sale but only 4 pics were posted
and two of them were of the same truck) were all that they were going to
post. I asked about the condition of the trucks and was told that they were
all "runners," but some did have missing parts and flat tires. I asked if I
could see the trucks and was told "yes the viewing is open until this Friday."
Well, I hopped in the Dodge and drove the 756 mile non stop to Ft Bliss,
Texas. Spent the night, and drove out to the DRMO office at Ft Bliss
(actually located at Biggs Army Airfield). When I got there I found the place
to be deserted. I looked around for a few minutes and finally a fellow showed
up and asked who I was. I told him I was there to view the cargo trucks that
were for sale. He told me that the trucks were no located there and that I
would have to leave. He then asked me how I got on the post, and I told him
"through the front gate." He then told me I should not be on the base, unless
I had the proper credentials (had already been through the shakedown by the
MP's at the gate).
I called the GL rep from Holloman AFB and asked him what was going on. He
said he had no idea, I asked him to call the guy here at Biggs and find out
why I could not inspect the property that was being auctioned. A few minutes
later he called me back and informed me that due to the tight security I
would not be able to look at the trucks. I asked, "Well can I as least peek
through the fence," "no," I was told.
Needless to say, I was very disgruntled at all of this. Now I was going to
have to drive home, another 756 miles.
I came home, did my homework and from what I could get off the GL website,
(compared the NSN of all 10 trucks) I can to the conclusion that there were
4, M35's wo/w, 2 M35's w/w and two M35A2C's. Well, I bid on the 2 w/winches
and one dropside truck.
I won a bid for a winch truck......$669.00. plus the 10% buyers premium and
Texas sales tax. Three days later, my Visa was billed for 25% of the total. I
downloaded an EUC, called GL and had Jan go over it with me, filled it out
and faxed it to her.
Page 2.......
Three weeks go by and I get a letter from GL, they say they never received my
EUC and I only have 7 day to submit it or the sale will be void and they will
retain the 25% deposit. On the phone and a few minutes later I have that
straightened out. Fill out and send another EUC to them the next day. I
called Jan at GL and she said she now has it.
Page 3.......
I call Mike Rivera at GL's site in Holloman, ask him if I can get a pic of
the lot I won. I tell him, that I want to see what kind of shape it is in so
I know what will be involved in transporting it. I tell him the lot number
and "BTW, it's one of the winch trucks." He then tells me that he cannot
guarantee that I will get a winch truck. "The NSN doesn't match the auction
item sometimes" he said.........can you believe that???
Page 4..........
90 days later and still no truck. I call and email each week, but no positive
response "Well, we are hoping to hear something in the next 2 or 3 day sir."

In closing, sorry for the long winded post but I just felt it was some thing
that needed to be said. Beware of all of the dealings with GL. And another
thing I noticed while browsing the trucks on their website. Some of them no
longer have the $35 minimum bid......

It is now $1000.00

Thanks to those on Washington that had this great idea..........

Gene Rivers
72 AM/Gen M35A2 w/w
"Got Mud"