Re: [MV] Diamond T re-engine question

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 09:32:39 PST

One thing you need to watch is the engine height. The Diamond T has a flat
head engine which is not too high
The mid windshield cowl air scoop protrudes out over the back of the engine
and will interfere with an inline
engine conversion. I would suggest that you look at a V diesel or gas
engine. I had contemplated using a 351 or
401 GMC truck V6 from the 60's. They also had them in diesels too the
Toro-Flow series. of course a V6-53
0r V6-71 Detroit might fit too.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce