German halftrack Demag D7 (Sd.Kfz.10)

From: Inget Namn (strv102@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 03:54:10 PST

In the late 1930's and in 1948 the Swedish army bought
at total of 23 german halftrack vehicles, Demag D7
(Sd.Kfz.10 in Germany). These vehicles were used to
tow 10,5 cm artillery in the far north of Sweden,
among others by my father doing his military service
at the eight artillery regiment (A8) in 1952-53. The
army sold off the "Arttrak m/40", as it was called in
Sweden, in the 1950's. According to my information, in
the late 1980's, two Swedes tracked down the surviving
vehicles in barns and scrapyards in the north of
Sweden and sold them to collectors in Germany and
maybe other countries.

I'm now working on research into what happened to
these halftracks and I'm interested to come into
contact with anyone who knows anything about the
current or past whereabouts of them.

My e-mail is strv102@yahoo.com

Regards,
Erik