Re: [MV] M37 Tapping in the valves

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 10:19:44 PST

Chris,
yes, the 230 engine is notorious for spinning rod bearing inserts. Once the oilholes don't line up anymore, you'll start hearing a persistent tap from the bearing as it runs dry. Make up a sounding rod from a couple of feet of steel rod, and try to locate the sound. If it's down low in the engine, better pull the oil pan and find the bad rod. Don't use a rod over again if it has spun a bearing. Good luck, and get back with the results.
Cheers,
Jack