Re: [MV] A military Delorean?

From: David M Ursin (acmack@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 15:12:39 PST

Who is restoring the 8x8 Reo you mentioned? I'd love to see that unit. I
also ended up with a prototype rig; its a 6x6 that looks like a 6-by
version of the Mule. Its on the first page of the 6x6 chapter in Major
Crismons book. I had it at Tobyhanna for the National a few years ago. I
ended up with it accidentally in a trade. The owner was going to throw it
out and got it from a friend who bought it at a DRMO local auction at a
Michigan base. I wrote to Major Crismon about it and he was surprised
that it was allowed to be sold off too but then again many of those big
wheeled prototypes were sold at auction from Aberdeen. The only time they
didn't survive is when there was no bidder or the bidder was super low
with interest only in cutting up the unit to resell as scrap iron.