Re: [MV] early ford jeep engine

From: quigstro (quigstro@netcarrier.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 20:59:45 PST

9N,2n and 8N were 4cyl. I have 2 8Ns. I also have the old driveline from a
1941 Ford 1/2 ton pickup. It was rated at 30 HP. The only visible difference
I can see is a fuel pump on the truck block. It has the same updraft carb,
and the same exhaust manifold. The truck block even has a 9N casting number,
and the radiator is identical to the tractor, including the 9N part number.
I was wondering if the early Jeep engines were based on this tractor motor,
do they also have the 9N casting numbers? Thanks again, Brian