Re: [MV] GL (L/L) and the EUC

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 18:48:53 PST

In a message dated 1/15/02 9:18:36 PM Central Daylight Time, A762x54mm writes:

<< Although I did call Battle Creek and they managed to find out that my EUC
actually does exist and is on someone's desk in Memphis, TN. >>

This is a truly AMAZING revelation, since the DRMS world HQ moved from
Memphis back to Battle Creek several years ago....the big, fine building it
once occupied is now vacant. DRMO pulled out a year or so later, when
Defense Depot Memphis closed. The huge complex has been turned over to the
city of Memphis. As far as I know, the only thing even remotely related to
DRMS left here (I live 30 miles from Memphis) is the Defense Contract Audit
Institute, which occupies a small building on the former Kennedy Veterans
Hospital Site.
In fact, in the government section of the Memphis yellow pages, the contract
audit institute (901-325-6100), the Corps of Engineers district office, the
Navy's large cavitation channel, and the various recruiting offices are ALL
that are shown under Defense Department. The Commerce Department has a SMALL
office here, their number is 901-544-4137.

Were I you, I would press for more details.

I would have responded directly to you, and not clogged list, but you
evidently have me blocked, as mail bounces back.

Hope this helps,
David