Re: [MV] M35 locking hubs and license plate

From: Steven West (stevenwest@blackopsix.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 07:50:47 PST

> Hemm. Are you saying that the gear mechanism actually senses the speed
that
> the front end is turning at, and has some kind of "intelligence" to try
and
> match it to the rear axles?

Well, actually, its bringing the front drive axle up to speed. I do not own
one, but the way most work is that until you switch it on, the transaxle is
not supplying any power to the front driveshaft or differential. Engaging
the front, at say 30 MPH, would mean that the entire front assembly would be
brough from 0MPH up to 30 MPH almost instantly, not something it was
intended to have done.

Even many modern day vehicles recommend not switching it over at more than
5-10 MPH.