Re: [MV] Surplusbid/Gov liquidators/ etc. ......

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 14:34:21 PST

OK list, here is what I discussed with Heath Norton, customer relations
manager of G/L. I spoke about the wait for delivery of trucks and the
possibility of losing the 25% deposit after 90 days. He advised me that if
we did our EUC in a timely manner and submitted same, G/L would extend the
time limit and not resell the items. He also stated that those persons who
did everything right and wanted to void the sale if the EUC wasn't completed
by the trade commision, they would refund the deposit. Joe Young confirmed
this when he spoke with them earlier. On the sale extension in November, the
entire east coast www system went down and in the interest of fairness, the
entire sale was opened back up. The most recent sale (0586) the system again
went down right at 1700 EST. In the honor or fairness, all items that had
seen no activity for the required 15 minutes were closed. All items that
were active within 15 minutes and after the system went down were reopened.
I asked about trucks being pulled from sales and he stated that the EUC for
the fire trucks on 586 caused them to be pulled and that they would show up
again on a later sale. He also stated that the Gov't occasionally wants
trucks back. I pointed out that G/L items have already been screened. He
confirmed this but stated that in the interest of continuity with the Gov't,
they will return items.. My last conversation was the return of emails or
lack thereof. He was very interested in this as his assistant is responsible
for returning said emails. He is looking very hard into this and even
invited me to send another email so that he could see if it was answered.
All in all a constructive conversation and I believe they really are trying
to get things done. One more thing, they are aware of the SF97 being in
their name and the document is not transferrable. He has no ready solution
but says a big meeting will occor tomorrow. Basically he is aware of the
problem and working on it. Its my opinion that G/L will try to make good on
all these problems. If you need to call them, prepare to be constructive.
He said that they will not converse with persons hurling insults at them, but
are more than willing to work towards equitable solutions to our problems if
we will work with them.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2