Army and Navy News, August 1915

From: Jim Allen (jimallen@onlinecol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 11:20:11 PST

    I've come across a magazine that I can't find any info about and I
wonder if any of the listers might have heard of it. It's called Army and
Navy News and was published in San Francisco, by the Army and Navy News
Publishing Company, Inc.
     This one is dated August 1915 as Volume III, number 8. Beyond the
interesting ads for things like wagons and uniforms, but it has opinions and
topical news of the day. The most interesting article came from none other
than Captain Alexander E. Williams that discusses the role of four-wheel
drive trucks in the U.S. Army. Williams was the guy that purchased the
Army's first 4x4 from FWD and tested it in 1912 in a cross country test
along with several other trucks. Many of you probably know that story. I
have seen a copy of this story before, but it was still an interesting find
to see the rest of the magazine.
    Can anyone tell me about this magazine?

    Jim Allen