News re GL/surplus auctions

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 20:27:04 PST

Re; Complaint to Global Liquidators (GL)

I was called this afternoon by GL's PR guy, Heath Norton, #4 guy. We had a very long, detailed chat, wherein I expressed many concerns about GL posting sufficient information in a timely manner to make a reasonable decision as a buyer. About unreturned phone calls, lack of information at the depots, etc. He assured me that GL is concerned about this too and they are trying to do better.

I've been around the block a time or two and heard PR spin before, but I have to admit this person seemed truly sincere and shared my feelings about how to improve GL's customer participation through better communications.

One area of our discussion you might find particularly interesting was Private Treaty sales. Due to the lack of GL people competent to conduct such sales they are being scaled back at present, except for such times that they may be overstocked and need space immediately. If you desire a private treaty sale, contact your local branch and advise them you are interested and to call you should a vehicle come up that qualifies.

I would have like to have seen more treaty sales instead of less, but I understand that GL is in a transistional phase for GL. Getting employees up to speed to handle regular proceedure is hard enough. Also change comes slowly when organizations get this large and they have to tread lightly on every decision they make to improve service.

GL sees net pictures as the way to increase participation. And the sooner they are posted to view the better for them and us. Current policy says, rather than to try to give you a long verbal discription about condition, they will provide you with more pictures, if not on the web, then by request. This is for their protection as well your information as they don't want to get trapped into saying a vehicle was good when it really wasn't. Makes sense considering how these vehicles come to them.

I'm pleased that my orignal letter being sent to them from our chat list was not malicious, so all's well, that ends well, eh? lol Certainly no harm done and I think I might have made a pretty good case for our group of "potential" MV buyers.

As to the spamming of our MV list members or the placing of someone's e-mail name on this list as a prank, well, that's unresolved and I just hope it stops now.

Jack Lee
Valp/RT524
(Sunny California)