Re: [MV] M2 Browning .50, CCKW Axles

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 16:03:16 PST

A couple of items:

A little rust on the splines will never bother a cckw in 100 years!

There are two seals on the rear: One is just under the axle drive flange and
the
other is the regular (though inside out on the split axles) wheel bearing
seal. The wheel bearing seal is important
The other you could do without. The civy trucks of the time let the gear oil
go into the wheel bearing
if the truck tipped way over to one side. On the Banjo axle CCWKs and
Chevrolets I have not uesed
them in years and 1000's of miles!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce