Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 11:36:37 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay" <dagobert@ix.netcom.com>
To: "Richard Notton" <Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

> >>P.S. One way to make quotas is to remove all the Quality Assurance
> >>testers during crunch time. Amazing how many more things get accepted
> >>for service without those nit pickers around!
> >>
> >Or, continually draft in workers to man the plant and stay with one tank
through
> >manufacture in the sure knowledge that they WILL be driving it into battle on
> >completion, tends to focus the mind.
> >
> >Richard
> >Southampton - England
> >

> Well, that WOULD be one way to make sure that you had enough field
> mechanics who knew how to repair the thing in general service, too. The
> next question would be, who trains the new guys back at the plant in the
> first place, though? I mean, even a Russian tank doesn't strike me as
> simple enough for a peasant farmer to just figure out by looking at a
> pile of parts- even with a gun to the back of his head.

Well, in many plants that is what did happen, keeping a core of skilled,
experienced and very fortunate tradesmen the system does have its merits, we
should not forget also that Russian women fought on the frontline with
distinction and made quite capable tank commanders.

Richard
Southampton - England